Thursday, October 14, 2004

songaday volume 2 #14

marty and jimmy made super cave

you heard it right. volume 2 #14 marks the second ever songaday collaboration, this time through with none other than the extraordinary (and extraordinarily filthy) james bernardinelli
it was way fun, i love my jimmy. (the first songaday collaboration from volume 1 #29 being crazygood with dan brennan )

for the curiously curious -
i composed the drums and a teeny speck of the melody. then james played everything else. then we couldn't get his computer to record vocals or else you'd hear him yelling, too, so i took the song home and tracked vocals. but the vocals were all nice and written with the jimmy. (one of the mny things i love about jimmy is that i said,"i think this song is about a grapefruit and a psychic in an underwater underwear cave playing the super nintendo," and he said,"AWESOME!") the vocals took a record 11minutes to track. awesome. this was great fun, i love my jimmy so. there is a crazy rumor that this duo may turn into a rocking band. stay tuned fearless folk.


annnnd: tomorrow will be crazy. i won't bore you with details, but it looks like i won't get a song made until 3am or so. so just warning you. which means there won't be much yelling, because even i find it impolite at that hour.

monster face.
lovemarty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm new to this here Song-a-Day listenable situation because I'm new to the high speed internet magic. I have been slowly, yet unmethodically, working my way through them...and this here is a gem. I see now, since I'm writing from the future (and know that there certainly IS a new band with you and your Jimmy (ha) called Uncle Monsterface), the roots of the beautiful flower that is Uncle Monsterface. Super. Play more music.

Love from deep in my heart,
Bonniebastien

Anonymous said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)